Monday, December 31, 2018

OPINION_ How the Trump presidency made me a better American

NEW YORK POST

OPINION

How the Trump presidency made me a better American

By Karol Markowicz

December 30, 2018 | 11:10pm




Donald Trump
AFP/Getty Images




Nearly two years after his inauguration, I have concluded that President Trump has made me a better person.

For starters, I’m more compassionate. After the election, I was as dazed and confused as anyone in the political-media bubble. To understand what happened, I devoured reporting about Trump voters and sought to understand them.

I wasn’t some liberal, mind you. I had worked for years in Republican politics. Yet I hadn’t known any Trump primary voters. I didn’t know his fans, his base.

Reading their concerns was eye-opening. They weren’t stupid, and they weren’t hateful. Mainstream politicians had ignored them for so long that they took a wild chance on the reality-TV star from Queens.

At the same time, because I wasn’t a Trump voter, I understood the pain of people frightened by his win. Caring about his voters didn’t preclude caring about his ­opponents, I found.

...

READ MORE: https://nypost.com/2018/12/30/how-the-trump-presidency-made-me-a-better-american/


________


Trump being a mirror for my conduct was clarifying. It didn’t make any sense for me to criticize the president for behavior that I engaged in. Yet so many people lean into the Trumpian way as a way of . . . countering Trump.

There must be a way to move beyond Trump and our culture’s ugliness, which transcends one presidency. Americans can resolve to be better people, instead of racing to the bottom. We won’t always have Trump to blame for our bad behavior. It might be best to start improving it now.

________



***


Chân thành cám ơn Quý Anh Chị ghé thăm "conbenho Nguyễn Hoài Trang Blog"
Xin được lắng nghe ý kiến chia sẻ của Quý Anh Chị trực tiếp tại Diễn Đàn Paltalk:
1Latdo Tapdoan Vietgian CSVN Phanquoc Bannuoc .

Kính chúc Sức Khỏe Quý Anh Chị .


conbenho
Tiểu Muội quantu
Nguyễn Hoài Trang
01012019

___________
Cộng sản Việt Nam là TỘI ÁC
Bao che, dung dưỡng TỘI ÁC là ĐỒNG LÕA với TỘI ÁC

No comments: