Sunday, September 27, 2020

SUPREME COURT_ 'Not for my own sake': Amy Coney Barrett pledges to serve on Supreme Court that 'belongs to all of us'

WASHINGTON EXAMINER




'Not for my own sake': Amy Coney Barrett pledges to serve on Supreme Court that 'belongs to all of us'

by Jerry Dunleavy, Justice Department Reporter
| | September 26, 2020 05:58 PM | Updated Sep 26, 2020, 06:47 PM


Conservative favorite Judge Amy Coney Barrett made a vow to the people of the United States to set personal interests aside after President Trump announced her nomination to the Supreme Court on Saturday, setting up a Senate confirmation battle to fill the vacancy left by liberal icon Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who died at the age of 87 after a battle with cancer just weeks before the election.

“I fully understand that this is a momentous decision for a president, and if the Senate does the honor of confirming me, I pledge to discharge the responsibilities of this job to the very best of my ability. I love the United States, and I love the United States Constitution. I am truly humbled by the prospect of serving on the Supreme Court," Barrett said after the president introduced her.

“It is important at a moment like this to acknowledge family and friends, but this evening I also want to acknowledge you, my fellow Americans," she said. "The president has nominated me to serve on the United States Supreme Court, and that institution belongs to all of us. If confirmed, I would not assume that role for the sake of those in my own circle, and certainly not for my own sake. I would assume this role to serve you."

...

READ MORE: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/not-for-my-own-sake-amy-coney-barrett-pledges-to-serve-on-supreme-court-that-belongs-to-all-of-us


***

Chân thành cám ơn Quý Anh Chị ghé thăm "conbenho Nguyễn Hoài Trang Blog"
Xin được lắng nghe ý kiến chia sẻ của Quý Anh Chị trực tiếp tại Diễn Đàn Paltalk:
1Latdo Tapdoan Vietgian CSVN Phanquoc Bannuoc .

Kính chúc Sức Khỏe Quý Anh Chị .


conbenho
Tiểu Muội quantu
Nguyễn Hoài Trang
28092020

___________
Cộng sản Việt Nam là TỘI ÁC
Bao che, dung dưỡng TỘI ÁC là ĐỒNG LÕA với TỘI ÁC

No comments: