Friday, August 23, 2024

US_ TRANSCRIPT: RFK Jr's Epic Speech

PJ Media

TRANSCRIPT: RFK Jr's Epic Speech

Chris Queen | 5:08 PM on August 23, 2024


AP Photo/Darryl Webb


On Friday afternoon, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. announced that he is suspending his campaign and endorsing Donald Trump. In a speech that lasted over 45 minutes, he explained his rationale for dropping out, how he wants to help Trump, and what he hopes his legacy will be.

It was a powerful, epic speech, and even though conservatives have plenty to disagree with RFK over, his idea of a unity campaign with Trump combined with his desire to make America healthy again is admirable.

Here's the speech in its entirety. Forgive me if there are errors; I tried to catch them all.



I'm sorry to keep everybody waiting. Sixteen months ago, in April of 2023, I launched my campaign for president of the United States. I began this journey as a Democrat, the party of my father, my uncle, the party which I pledged my own allegiance to long before I was old enough to vote.

I attended my first Democratic convention at the age of 6 in 1960, and back then the Democrats were the champions of the constitution of civil rights. The Democrats stood against authoritarianism, against censorship, against colonialism, imperialism, and unjust wars.

We were the party of labor, of the working class. The Democrats were the party of government transparency and the champion of the environment. Our party was the bulwark against big money interests and corporate power. True to its name, it was the party of democracy. As you know I left that party in October because it had departed so dramatically from the core values that I grew up with.

It had become the party of war, censorship, corruption, big pharma, big tech, big ag, and big money. When it abandoned democracy by canceling the primary to conceal the cognitive decline of the sitting president, I left the party to run as an independent.

The mainstream of American politics and journalism derided my decision. Conventional wisdom said that it would be impossible even to get on the ballot as an independent because each state poses an insurmountable tangle of arbitrary rules for collecting signatures. I would need over 1,000,000 signatures, something no presidential candidate in history had ever achieved.

...


READ MORE: https://pjmedia.com/chris-queen/2024/08/23/transcript-rfk-jrs-epic-speech-n4931936

***

Chân thành cám ơn Quý Anh Chị ghé thăm "conbenho Nguyễn Hoài Trang Blog"
Xin được lắng nghe ý kiến chia sẻ của Quý Anh Chị trực tiếp tại Diễn Đàn Paltalk:
1Latdo Tapdoan Vietgian CSVN Phanquoc Bannuoc.
Kính Chúc Sức Khỏe Quý Anh Chị.

conbenho
Tiểu Muội quantu
Nguyễn Hoài Trang
24082024

__________________________
Cộng sản Việt Nam là TỘI ÁC
Bao che, dung dưỡng TỘI ÁC là ĐỒNG LÕA với TỘI ÁC

No comments: