Friday, June 10, 2016

Hillary Clinton Email Scandal_ TIMELINE: All of Hillary Clinton's public statements about her email scandal

The Gazette

TIMELINE: All of Hillary Clinton's public statements about her email scandal

By: The Washington Examiner

June 10, 2016  Updated: Today at 10:22 am





Cassi Pollock

Like other incidents during her decades in public life, Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server as secretary of state has raised serious questions about her honesty, willingness to skirt the law and her opaque mixing of official business with political expediency and personal enrichment.

Below is a timeline of Clinton's statements in speeches, campaign stops and interviews regarding her emails, and how the evolving issue has unfolded to date:

Feb. 1, 2013: Clinton formally resigns as secretary of state.

Aug. 28, 2014: Patrick Kennedy, the State Department's under secretary of state for Management, sends a memo to agency leadership detailing senior official record management responsibilities and clarifying specific electronic email policies that had been in place, Kennedy said, since 2009.

Nov. 12, 2014: Kennedy sends a letter to former Clinton chief of staff Cheryl Mills and other former secretary representatives seeking responses to a Federal Records Act request.

Dec. 5, 2014: Clinton turns over more than 30,000 emails, totaling 55,000 pages, from her private server.

In an accompanying letter to Kennedy, Mills says Clinton "at times" carried email correspondences out via a personal account, but that it was "[Clinton's] practice to use the officials' government electronic mail accounts" when conducting government business.

March 2, 2015: The New York Times reports Clinton used a personal email account during her State Department tenure, "possibly" breaking federal rules requiring officials' communications be retained for the agency's record.

March 5, 2015: Clinton tweets for the first time about her emails: "I want the public to see my email. I asked State to release them. They said they will review them for release as soon as possible."

March 10, 2015: Clinton holds her first press conference regarding her emails: "I did it for convenience and I now, looking back, think that it might have been smarter to have those two devices from the very beginning." She says no government-related emails were deleted, and adds it is "undisputed" all State Department rules were followed.

March 10, 2015: Clinton's office releases an official statement and Q&A on her emails.

April 12, 2015: Clinton announces she's running for president of the United States.

May 19, 2015: Clinton responds to questions in Iowa.

"Nobody has a bigger interest in getting [the emails] released than I do," she tells reporters.

July 12, 2015: Clinton's first national interview since announcing White House bid.

"People across the government knew I used one device," Clinton tells CNN.

July 17, 2015: Two inspectors general identify top secret information in Clinton emails for the first time.

July 28, 2015: Clinton campaigns in Winterset, Iowa.

"I am confident that I never sent nor received any information that was classified at the time it was sent and received," she says.

Aug. 12, 2015: Clinton hands over her private server to the FBI.

Aug. 15, 2015: Clinton attends the Iowa State Fair.

"I never sent classified material on my email, and I never received any that was marked classified," Clinton says.

Aug. 18, 2015: Clinton holds "like a cloth" press conference in Nevada.

"What, like with a cloth or something? No," she tells Fox News' Ed Henry when asked whether she intentionally wiped her personal emails from her server before turning it over to the State Department. Clinton replies, "I have no idea. That's why we turned it over."

Sept. 4, 2015: MSNBC interview with Andrea Mitchell.

"So at the end of the day, I am sorry that this has been confusing to people and has raised a lot of questions," Clinton tells Mitchell. She apologizes for the controversy surrounding her private email server, but stands by her decision to use it.

Sept. 8, 2015: ABC interview with David Muir.

"That was a mistake. I'm sorry about that. I take responsibility," Clinton tells Muir, adding that her original explanation "didn't sit well with the American people."

Sept. 20, 2015: CBS interview with John Dickerson.

Clinton reiterates previous talking points. "I'm sorry that I made a choice that has raised all of these questions," Clinton says, "because I don't like reading that people have questions about what I did and how I did it."

Sept. 27, 2015: MSNBC interview with Chuck Todd.

"Well, it's like a drip, drip, drip," Clinton tells Todd. When asked if she was certain FBI investigations wouldn't find new things and involve Clinton explaining them, Clinton says: "All I can tell you is that when my attorneys conducted this exhaustive process, I did not participate."

Oct. 13, 2015: CNN hosts the first Democratic debate in Las Vegas. 


 "I have been as transparent as I know to be," Clinton says when asked about her ability to handle larger "crises" than an email server. "Well, I've taken responsibility for it. I did say it was a mistake. What I did was allowed by the State Department, but it wasn't the best choice."

Oct. 16, 2015: CNN interview with Jake Tapper.

"First of all, nothing — and I will underscore, nothing — that I was sent or that I sent was marked classified," Clinton tells Tapper in an interview leading up to her Benghazi testimony. "I think that this is a complicated issue for even sophisticated folks to understand."

Oct. 22, 2015: Clinton testifies before the House Select Committee on Benghazi for 11 hours.

Nov. 14, 2015: CBS hosts the second Democratic debate in Des Moines, Iowa.

Referring to Clinton's Benghazi testimony in October, Dickerson asks Clinton if Democrats can trust her. "I think after 11 hours that's pretty clear," Clinton says.

Dec. 19, 2015: ABC hosts the third Democratic debate in Manchester, N.H. No questions about Clinton's separate email server are asked.

Jan. 10, 2016: CBS interview with John Dickerson.

"I was very clear about emailing anything having to do with business to people on their government accounts," Clinton tells Dickerson asks why she acted surprised when a person emailed Clinton from their non-State Department account.

Jan. 11, 2016: Iowa presidential forum.

"I have one," Clinton replies when Jorge Ramos asks her how many email accounts she has.

Jan. 17, 2016: NBC hosts the fourth Democratic debate in Charleston, S.C. No questions about Clinton's separate email server are asked.

Jan. 19, 2016: Part of Clinton's emails are marked above "top secret."

Jan. 20, 2016: NPR interview with Ari Shapiro.

"Nothing that this says changes the fact that I never sent or received material marked classified," Clinton tells Shapiro following an inspector general letter classifying some of Clinton's private server emails beyond "top secret."

Jan. 21, 2016: Clinton responds to question in Iowa.

"Yeah, it's totally untrue. Totally untrue," Clinton replies to someone asking her about a report saying her private email server had been hacked.

Jan. 24, 2016: MSNBC interview with Chuck Todd.

"I never sent or received any material marked 'classified,'" Clinton says. "I'm not concerned because I know what the facts are."

Jan. 25, 2016: CNN town hall with Chris Cuomo.

"I'm not willing to say it was an error in judgement," Clinton says, rejecting Cuomo's suggestion that Clinton made an "error in judgment" with her emails.

Jan. 29, 2016: NBC interview with Lester Holt.

Holt asks Clinton why people shouldn't worry about Clinton's ongoing email investigation."The facts have remained the same," Clinton says. "I'm the one who said let's make all my emails public."

Jan. 29, 2016: KCRG TV-9 interview in Dubuque, Iowa.

"I said I should've made a different choice, because it's proven to be quite difficult," Clinton reiterates, "but the facts are I never emailed anything that was considered classified or marked classified." Earlier that day, the Obama administration confirms the State Department announcing it would withhold 22 Clinton emails containing "top secret material."

Jan. 30, 2016: MSNBC interview with Monica Alba.

"I want it resolved," Clinton tells Abla. "I'm not really concerned because it's the same story that's been going on for months now. This doesn't change anything about the fundamental facts."

Feb. 4, 2016: MSNBC hosts the fifth Democratic debate in Durham, N.H.

"I have absolutely no concerns about it, but we've got to get to the bottom of what's really going on here, and I hope that will happen," Clinton responds to a question asking if she can reassure voters about her ongoing email investigation.

Feb. 11, 2016: PBS hosts the sixth Democratic debate in Milwaukee, Wis. No questions about Clinton's separate email server are asked.

Feb. 23, 2016: CNN town hall with Chris Cuomo.

"I know there are, you know, challenges about what the State Department did or didn't do. That'll all be worked out. It's just not something that, you know, is going to have any lasting effect, and I am not at all worried about it," Clinton tells Cuomo.

Feb. 26, 2016: MSNBC interview with Joe Scarborough, Mika Brzezinski.

"I personally am not concerned about it," Clinton says about the FBI investigating her private email server. "I think that there will be resolution on the security inquiry."

March 4, 2016: CNBC interview with John Harwood.

"I've been the most transparent public official in modern times as far as I know," Clinton tells Harwood when he asks if her and the State Department have been "sloppy" in the handling of top secret information.

March 6, 2016: CBS interview with John Dickerson. "I think we're getting closer and closer to wrapping this up," Clinton says. "Remember, I'm the one who asked all my emails be made public."

March 6, 2016: CNN hosts the seventh Democratic debate in Flint, Mich.

Anderson Cooper makes a single email reference when asking Clinton how she would campaign against Donald Trump in a general election. Cooper references Clinton's earlier CBS interview that aired before the debate.

March 7, 2016: Fox News town hall with Bret Baier.

"Well, what I'm saying is, it wasn't at the time," Clinton tells Baier. Baier compares Clinton's March 2015 statement where she said she never emailed classified material to the State Department announcing more than 2,000 of Clinton's emails from her private server were classified.

March 9, 2016: Univision hosts the eighth Democratic debate in Miami.

"I'm not even answering that question," Clinton says. "That's not going to happen." Ramos asked Clinton if she would suspend her candidacy if the FBI indicted her over email findings.

April 3, 2016: MSNBC interview with Chuck Todd.

"I don't think anything inappropriate was done," Clinton tells Todd. "I'm not at all worried about it."

April 8, 2016: NBC interview with Matt Lauer.

"There is not even the remotest chance that is going to happen," Clinton tells Lauer when he asks if her private email server investigation could lead to prison time. "We're moving forward."

April 14, 2016: CNN hosts the ninth Democratic debate in Brooklyn, N.Y. No questions about Clinton's separate email server are asked.

May 3, 2016: MSNBC interview with Andrea Mitchell.

"No, not at all," Clinton tells Mitchell when asked if there was "any indication at all" Clinton's private email server had been hacked by foreign hackers. Clinton also mentions she hasn't been contacted by the FBI for an interview.

May 8, 2016: CBS interview with John Dickerson. Clinton reiterates she is looking "forward to this being wrapped up."

May 25, 2016: The State Department inspector general releases a report on past secretaries' records preservations and concludes that Clinton violated her department's policies.

May 26, 2016: ABC interview with Liz Kreutz after the inspector general report. "This report makes clear that personal email use was the practice for other secretaries of state," Clinton says in doubled down remarks regarding her separate email server.

May 26, 2016: CNN interview with Wolf Blitzer.

"I thought it was allowed," Clinton tells Blitzer after an inspector general report concludes Clinton didn't comply with State Department rules regarding her private email server. "The rules were not clarified until after I had left."

May 31, 2016: CNN interview with Jake Tapper.

"I understand people may have concerns about this," Clinton tells Tapper in response to him mentioning recent reports and editorials saying Clinton broke federal rules with her email server.

May 31: MSNBC interview with Chris Hayes.

"I certainly never instructed anyone to hide the fact I was using a personal email," Clinton says following the inspector general report saying people were told to stop asking about Clinton's private email server.

June 5, 2016: ABC interview with George Stephanopoulos.

"I thought that the report actually made it clear that the practice I used was used by other secretaries, other high-ranking State Department officials," Clinton says to Stephanopoulous, referring to the inspector general report released in May.

June 8, 2016: Washington Post interview with Anne Gearan.

"It has not, and I certainly would like to see this wrapped up," Clinton tells Gearan about the pending FBI investigation and whether an interview has been scheduled to date.

June 8, 2016: Fox News interview with Bret Baier.

"That's not going to happen. There's no basis for it, and I'm looking forward to this being wrapped up as soon as possible," Clinton tells Baier, reiterating her stance on her ongoing email investigation.

Read more on WashingtonExaminer.com


READ MORE: http://gazette.com/timeline-all-of-hillary-clintons-public-statements-about-her-email-scandal/article/feed/359678


***


Chân thành cám ơn Quý Anh Chị ghé thăm "conbenho Nguyễn Hoài Trang Blog".
Xin được lắng nghe ý kiến chia sẻ của Quý Anh Chị 
trực tiếp tại Diễn Đàn Paltalk
: 
1Latdo Tapdoan Vietgian CSVN Phanquoc Bannuoc . 
Kính chúc Sức Khỏe Quý Anh Chị . 


conbenho
Tiểu Muội quantu
Nguyễn Hoài Trang
11062016

___________

Cộng sản Việt Nam là TỘI ÁC
Bao che, dung dưỡng TỘI ÁC là ĐỒNG LÕA với TỘI ÁC

No comments: